Monday, December 1, 2008

Bill Johnson is a smart man of God

Just listened to this sermon by Bill Johnson out of Redding. The guy is pretty incredible. I don't care if you agree with him or his friends or his haircut or whatever, the guy loves Jesus and is gifted to teach the Bible.

Here was the nugget that turned my brain inside out:

"Fruitfullness comes out of Rest
and
Warfare comes out of Romance"

Wow.

It was just one of those things that looked me in the eye when I heard it and I instantly knew, "that is right and true and profound and lovely and would simplify things if I just understand it because I don't think that I do understand it now."

But why do we grow soybeans in Iowa? Because we don't like to rest the land, and corn year after year makes the land unfruitful.
Why do guys get in fights? Over girls. Helen of Troy, the face that sailed a thousand ships, or something like that.

So, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to rest and get belligerent by means of some Divine Romance....

No comments: