Tuesday, December 2, 2008

He really is that good, all the time

So let me tell you just how good God is. This is story number 1,564,345,267,234 of all time regarding His goodness, but hey I know we haven't fully expressed it yet so gotta keep going. Here's the deal:

I had a huge stretch of schoolwork staring at me for the next two weeks. Huge. Should be expected, since this is the last little lump I gotta swallow before graduating (Dec 20 what what!). Huge project, slightly smaller project, huge test, another assignment, I was sweating. Told the amazingly wonderful FG staff about it as we prayed during our Monday meeting. Staying to pray with them made me a touch late for class. I finally showed up, just in time to hear the professor CANCEL the test that was coming for us in four days. Straight up canceled. Said he'll put some of it on the final, but don't worry about it. Thank you Lord. Cut my workload almost in half. He's good, I just exhaled the stress that had been building up and inhaled his sweetness.

Situation number two: finances a little low this month. Saw the account balance last night. I'm not in trouble, I have a paycheck from last month that I still haven't picked up. Problem was, it was looking like I needed to pay my rent before the late penalty kicks in, and also I had sent a check in the mail that would be processing. So, it was looking like a collision that would overdraw my account if I paid my rent and the mailed check both before picking up my paycheck. I was sweating, because the mailed check was kind of important, and had to do with Jesus in a way so I wanted to represent Him well.

How many of you know that He will take care of the Glory of His Name, when you trust Him?

The real estate company called me up and said that I had credit in my account. They had mentioned it a couple months ago, but I had still been keeping up with my rent payments. "But this time, sir, would you like me to just rip up this check? You have almost a month and a half credited to your account already." Yes ma'am. Rip away.

So I went and checked my account balance online, praising God. And wouldn't you know it, that other mailed out check somehow had already been processed really quickly like a week ago and I hadn't even caught it showing up on my balance because I didn't think it would be ready. So, two huge charges that I thought would overdraw me, neither one do I need to worry about a single bit.

He really is that good. He really is.

No comments: