Monday, May 4, 2009

Renewal of all things

In the last post, when I brought out the Habbakuk 3:2 verse, I did a search of the word "renew" to bring it up. As I perused the other verses produced in the search, I came across Matthew 19:28. A slightly obscure verse where Jesus is talking to his disciples about their place in his kingdom. It says- Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.


One of those interesting things that puts a picture in your mind of Peter at the pearly gates and whatnot. But here's the part that caught my eye:


at the renewal of all things


Doesn't that just sound beautiful? All things are going to be renewed. Our relationships. The economy (lolz). Darfur. Our d r e a m s. All the rough burrs and smudges and ink blots that have accumulated over the years. Renewed. Washed away. Ahhh, thinking about it just makes me want to lean back and close my eyes and smile at Him. Who, you ask?


the Son of Man who sits on his glorious throne


Him. The one who was responsible for all that renewing on all those things. Author and perfector. Kickstarter and like-new-er. Craftsman and polisher. Jesus.

No comments: